Propose a romantic mini break, from just £98 per person
Sweep your loved one off their feet this Valentines Day with a romantic DFDS Seaways mini cruise to Amsterdam
Amsterdam is one of the most romantic cities in the world so why not spend your Valentine weekend on the DFDS Seaways mini cruise from Newcastle, departing on 14 February 2014? During your two-night mini cruise, you can enjoy a romantic trip onboard one of our luxury cruise ferries, and wake up in Amsterdam refreshed and ready for a day of romance in the beautiful Dutch capital.
Departing from Newcastle on Friday afternoon, you can tempt your taste buds with a delicious three-course meal and a celebratory glass of bubbles before heading to the Colombus Lounge to enjoy live entertainment, or catch a film in the onboard cinema before retiring to your private en suite cabin. The mini cruise offer also includes a complimentary breakfast.
During your time in the city, there are a number of romantic activities for you to choose from, if you wish:
- Chocolate is a girl's best friend and the way to a man's heart is through his stomach so why not sign up to a bonbon or pastry workshop at confectioners Unlimited Delicious and learn how to make favourite sweet treats?
- Hop on a romantic canal boat and take in the city’s architecture, history and culture on a ride through Amsterdam’s charming waterways
- For a fairytale trip, take a horse & carriage ride around the city’s historic cobbled streets
- Hit the ice and sweep your partner off their feet at the ice rink
- If you are feeling kitsch, for just €65 per couple, Wed & Walk can organise your ‘Marriage for a day’, complete with an over the top meringue-style dress, plastic rings, artificial bouquets and even hats for the witnesses for a faux ceremony. The wedding lasts for a day, with the mantra ‘till sunset do us part’, and the only proof that it ever happened is a photograph of the first kiss.
- If you are superstitious, you could head along to Amsterdam's famous Magere Brug (Skinny Bridge), at the top share a kiss as legend has it that couples who embrace on this bridge over the River Amstel will be blessed with everlasting love.
The Valentine’s Day mini cruise package starts at just £98 per person and includes two nights’ accommodation onboard, transfers to and from Amsterdam and a delicious three-course meal complete with breakfast on the outbound crossing. To take advantage of this offer, visit www.dfds.co.uk or call 0871 522 9976.
- ENDS -
For media enquiries contact:
Jade Page or Caroline Walker on 01732 779087 / email@example.com
Notes to Editors
Ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day in 2014 suggested by www.iamsterdam.com
About DFDS Seaways
DFDS is Northern Europe’s largest integrated shipping and logistics company, with a network of 30 routes and 50 freight and passenger ships. In 2012, DFDS Seaways transported 5 million passengers across the 11 passenger routes.
DFDS Seaways prides itself on offering world-class facilities and services and the widest choice of ferry routes into northern Europe.
In the UK, the company operates passenger ferry services on routes from Dover to Calais, Dover to Dunkirk, Harwich to Esbjerg, Newcastle to Amsterdam, Newhaven to Dieppe and Portsmouth to Le Havre.
DFDS Seaways has been named the ‘World’s Leading Ferry Operator’ for the last three years (2011, 2012 and 2013), as well as ‘Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator’ at the prestigious 2012 and 2013 World Travel Awards. It was also the only recommended ferry operator nominated by Which? Travel (2011).
DFDS Seaways operates up to 44 sailings a day between Dover and France on its Dover-Dunkirk and Dover-Calais routes and two daily services on the Portsmouth to Le Havre crossing. It also offers two daily sailings between Newcastle and Amsterdam and up to four crossings a week between Harwich and Esbjerg in Denmark. In addition, the DFDS Seaways network includes a passenger and freight service between Newhaven to Dieppe, which has four daily sailings and is operated by Transmanche Ferries. For further information about DFDS Seaways, or to find out about the latest sailing times, fares and offers across all routes from the UK, visit www.dfds.co.uk.