Customer services: Baltic Sea ferries
Select the ferry port youi wish to find information out about. Within this page is useful travel information and other helpful information regarding the services from the port.
Select your required service; Klaipeda ferry port Karlshamn ferry port Kiel ferry port Cheap ferry deals to Baltic ports
1. How do I find the lowest fares?
There are 6 simple steps you scould follow if you want to find the cheapest fare:
- Book online - By booking your ferry tickets online you can avoid the telephone booking fee or a port office booking fee, saving you a 10 € per booking. It will save your time by allowing you to quickly check and compare prices for different dates.
- Book via Travel Agency – no booking fee is taken. Special offers are implemented through travel agencies.
- Travel midweek – Book your ferry trip between Monday-Friday, and your car (up to 5 m long) ticket or motorhome ticket might has lower price. The special ticket details on different routes you can find at Prices/Passenger vehicle. No spec.prices applied on route Klaipeda-Sassnitz.
- Travel during Low season – By travelling in the low seasons (11/01/2011-30/04/2011 and 20/09/2011-19/12/2011) ferry tickets are cheaper and the variety of the cabins is bigger as fewer passengers are travelling. If you combine this with travelling midweek then you are more likely to find the cheapest ferry tickets.
- Book early – If you buy the ticket when there are more than 30 days left to departure, you can save up to 50 % of the basic price (the number of such tickets are limited). If you buy the ticket for season 21 06 2010 - 29 08 2010 when there are more than 50 days left to departure you can save up to 25 % of the basic price (the number of such tickets are limited).
- Travel with children – a discount is granted to the family with children up to 15 years old. No discount is applied to the passenger vehicle.
2. Can I travel with pets?
Pets are transported under conditions of advanced notification and in according to AB DFDS Lisco rules of passenger transportation. Pet Travel can only be booked over the telephone and not online. Please call our Booking system administrator on +370 46 323232.
- Pets must be transported in accordance with the State Food and Veterinary Service requirements. More information can be found on SFVS web page.
- AB DFDS Lisco ferries have cabins, specially equipped for the needs of passengers with pets. No regular cabins are offered for such passengers.
- Passengers with pets must take a whole cabin.
- Pets must be in pet cages or be held on a dog’s lead and have a muzzle.
- Pets must be kept out of the passenger’s beds.
3. What vehicle types can be transported?
See all FAQs
- Normal cars (CAR): Max length - 5m, Max height - 1.85m (including roof rack/boxes)
- Large cars (CARH): Max length - 7m, Max height - 2.70m, Weight - 3.5 t
- Motorhomes (MCV): Max length - 8m
- Large motorhomes (MCVL): Max length - 12m
- Motorcycle (MOC): Max length - 2m
- Motorcycle with sidecar (MOCS): Max length - 3m
- Small cars (MOCS): Max length - 3m
- Trailer for commodity transportation (TRA): Length charged per metre including tow-bar
- Touristic towing Caravan (CAM)
- Freight vehicles: Must be booked via freight department