Booking Cheap Ferry Tickets
Travelling to Europe by ferry doesn't need to break the bank. Follow the tips below and you are sure to find the cheapest ferry tickets available with DFDS Seaways.
Tips on Finding Cheap Ferry Tickets
Booking a ferry crossing or short break on a budget can be time consuming and hard work. However when booking a ferry break to Europe with DFDS Seaways, there are 5 simple steps you should follow if you want to find the cheapest fare:
- Book online - By booking your ferry tickets online you can avoid the telephone booking fee, saving you a minimum of £10 per booking. It can also be quicker to book your ferry crossing online, and allows you to price up 3 dates at a time. Using a debit card also avoids charges passed on to us by credit card providers.
- Travel Midweek - Book your ferry crossing between Sunday-Thursday, and you will have a greater chance of receiving cheap ferry tickets.
- Travel Low Season - By travelling in the off peak seasons, January-March & October-December, ferry tickets will tend to be lower because fewer people are travelling on our ferries. If you combine this with travelling midweek then you are more likely to find the cheapest ferry tickets.
- Sign-Up for E-News at www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/subscribe and learn about all our great ferry offers first, and as they happen. By being an exsisting customer you will be the first to hear about all our latest offers, allowing to book the cheapest ferry tickets, receive the latest ferry news relating directly to DFDS Seaways, and receive exclusive booking discounts not available to the general public. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Book Early - Book your ferry crossings early and take advantage of our flexible pricing structure. Book your mini cruise or hotel break to Amsterdam 60+ days in advance and save up to 15%, with our Early Booking Discounts. If this is not possible visit our ferry deals & ferry offers section for a range of last minute deals.
Why booking online can provide you with cheap ferry tickets?
- Real Time Ferry Ticket Prices - Researching the price of your ferry tickets online lets you find the cheapest ferry tickets more easily than speaking to one of our customer sales advisors over the phone. You can search dates throughout the year to find the real time availability and prices, helping you find the most suitable price and compare the cost of upgrading your cabin at the same time.
- Cheaper Ferry Tickets - Booking ferry tickets online, allows you to avoid the £10 telephone booking fee, therefore travel for even less. Pre-booking your meal before you travel also saves you £££’s compared to the onboard price.
- Book a ferry crossing 24 hours a day - By making your ferry booking online you can make it 24 hours a day, at a time convenient to you, and outside of our contact centre opening hours. This removes any stress and hassle of making the booking during your working day, and lets you book your ferry tickets from the comfort for your sofa.
- Online Account - By making a ferry booking online you will automatically be given an online account, allowing you to manage your booking online. This provides you with the opportunity to amend your booking 24 hours a day, and avoiding telephone amendment fees.
- Manage multiple ferry bookings – by making all your ferry crossings online under one online account, it allows you to manage all your bookings easily and make changes as and when you need them.