Information for disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility
If you, or someone you are booking for, is disabled or has reduced mobility, we welcome you as our customer and will offer whatever assistance we can to make your journey as comfortable as possible.
To minimise any problems and to make sure that we can meet your requirements, please tell us about your disability and specify what type of assistance you are likely to need while embarking, disembarking and onboard ship when you book your ticket and not later than 48 hours before departure.
Disabled or reduced mobility passengers are requested to check-in 90 minutes prior to departure.
Our facilities for passengers with reduced mobility include:
- Fully equipped disabled cabins (reservations by telephone only).
- Wheelchairs on ships and in terminals for emergency use.
- Disabled toilets on ships and in our terminals.
- Easy-access car parking next to lift or ramp (must be requested at time of reservation and is subject to operational constraints).
- Registered guide dogs allowed to travel on passenger decks.
Before booking, we must ask you to carefully read our Terms and Conditions.
Onboard our ships
The ships on our Newhaven-Dieppe and Portsmouth-Le Havre routes have the following facilities for disabled passengers and passengers with limited mobility.
- Two passenger lifts measuring 130 x 140cm. Entrance door width 90cm.
- Two wheelchair-accessible public toilets.
- Two-berth disabled cabin with telephone/alarm: berths at ground level. Cabin door width 90cm.
- Bathroom equipped with shower, wash basin, WC & hand rails.
Portsmouth-Le Havre route
- Passenger lift measuring 160 x 115cm. Entrance door width 85cm.
- One wheelchair-accessible public toilet with shower situated on passenger Deck 5.
- Two-berth cabin with alarm - one lower, one upper berth. Cabin door width 90cm.
- Three-berth cabin with alarm - two lower, one upper berth. Cabin door width 90cm.
- Both bathrooms equipped with shower, wash basin and toilet with hand rails. Bathroom door width 80cm.
Please note that standard cabins on this ship are approached by a staircase and are unsuitable for disabled passengers.
Mobility and wheelchair assistance
Please tell us what you need both when you book your ticket and when you check in at the port, so that we can help wherever possible. Our terminals are disabled friendly with accessible parking but, for safety reasons, we can only cater for up to four wheelchair passengers at any one time. If you use a wheelchair, please bring it with you for your journey, but ports and ships have a limited number of wheelchairs for emergency use only.
If you or a member of your party has a hearing impairment, please mention this when booking your ticket and report to the Information Desk when you board the ship. The crew will make sure that you receive any important messages which are broadcast during the crossing.
Please notify us when booking your ticket if you are travelling with an assistance dog. Your pet must comply with pet Travel regulations and you must carry proof that your animal is an assistance dog.
If you or a member of your party has a visual impairment please mention this when booking your ticket and report to the Information Desk when you board the ship. On arrival, our staff will help you to locate the passenger areas and assist wherever possible.