Sailings are taking place on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 July, so you can choose which day is best for you to attend. You will board our KING or PRINCESS Seaways cruise ferries at 11am and head to Sunderland, with a sandwich, muffin/cake and cold drink provided for lunch.
Once you’ve witnessed the spectacular feats of aviation from the Sunderland International Airshow, we’ll cruise you back to port, with live music and entertainment, and our Kids’ Club keeping the little ones busy, including the chance to meet Jack the Pirate! You will also have the opportunity to spot local marine wildlife with the help of a Wildlife Officer from whale and dolphin charity, ORCA.
Your day at a glance
- 11:00am – Customers board
- 11:30am – Ferry leaves port for Sunderland
- Saturday sailing - 12:20pm – Airshow expected to start
- Sunday sailing - 12pm - Airshow expected to start
- 2:00pm – Ferry leaves Sunderland en route to North Shields
- 3:00pm – Arrive back in North Shields
- Lunch served between 11.45am and 12.30pm in 7 Seas and Blue Riband restaurants
Please note: No passports required, under 3s go free and children are classed as 15 and younger.
Due to the nature of this type of event, where weather and military schedules can change proceedings, DFDS Seaways accepts no responsibility if flying times subsequently change. If the airshow is cancelled by the organisers due to bad weather, we reserve the right to alter the route of the sail-out.