The Beano Competition Terms And Conditions
Answer our simple question and you can win either an annual subscription to The Beano, a ferry crossing between Dover and Dunkirk or Calais, or a mini cruise from Newcastle to Amsterdam.
1. By entering into this free Prize Draw, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. This Prize Draw is open to all UK residents, except for employees of DFDS, their families, agencies or any other company directly connected with the administration of this promotion.
3. The free Prize Draw starts at 08:00 (UK) on 23 June 2016 and will run until 23:59 (UK) on 31 August 2016
4. All entries must be received by 23:59 (UK) on 31 August 2016 to be eligible for the prize draw. Any entries that are incomplete, illegible or do not arrive within the specified time frame will be invalid.
5. One entry per person. Each participant will be entered only once into each prize draw
6. There are 6 prizes to give away; 3x annual subscriptions to The Beano and 3x ferry crossings or mini cruises. Winners can choose to take the ferry crossing or Amsterdam mini cruise. The 6 winners will be selected at random from all correct entries. Winners will be notified by email. Should there be no response to this email within 7 days or should the email be returned as undeliverable for any reason, including but not limited to an invalid email address, DFDS reserves the right to disqualify that entry and select an alternative winner.
6.1 Ferry crossings prizes are return crossings from Dover to Calais or Dunkirk for a car and up to 4 people or a mini cruise from Newcastle to Amsterdam (winner's choice). Mini cruise prizes are 2-night mini cruises to Amsterdam for 2 people including standard cabin and return coach transfers to Amsterdam.
The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. No other costs will be covered. The prizes are valid for travel until 15 March 2017, excluding bank holiday weekends, school holidays and the months of July and August. The prizes are subject to availability and usual DFDS terms & conditions and competition terms apply.
7. The prize draw will take place within 7 days of the closing date and the winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. Should there be no response to this email within 7 days or should the email be returned as undeliverable for any reason, including but not limited to an invalid email address, DFDS reserves the right to disqualify that entry and select an alternative winner.
8. DFDS accepts no liability for any loss of entries caused by technical faults.
9. The prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
10. By entering this promotion you give permission for DFDS to post your first name, surname initial and home town on our site and social media outlets should you win a prize in the any Prize Draw.
11. By entering the competition you are opting in to receive email correspondence from DFDS informing you of products and promotions that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe to this email correspondence at any time using the unsubscribe link provided in the emails.
12. Entrants must be over the age of 18 at the time of participation to enter The Beano promotion.
13. The decision of DFDS is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Beano competition is governed by English law. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
15. Any personal data relating to The Beano competition entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
16. DFDS reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
It’s always a proud moment when you’re recognised for your good work, we’re honoured to have been named again as the World and Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2016 at the World Travel Awards. We have been Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator for 5 years running now, and the World’s Leading Ferry Operator for 6 years.