DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.7bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, many travelling in their own cars, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services as well as holiday packages.
Our 6,400 employees, located in offices across 20 countries, are committed to our success. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen and listed on NASDAQ OMX COPENHAGEN.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager to join the world's leading Ferry operator. Based in the North of England/ Scotland, you will report to the National Sales Manager, working as a member of a small but proactive and target driven sales team dedicated to increasing the Company's market share by promoting its products and services to new and existing customers.
Within the role you will:
· Represent the Company to Retail Travel Trade, Coach and Tour Operators, Wholesalers, CUGs and other possible business opportunities.
· Retain and develop existing accounts and relationships.
· Source new accounts and relationships.
· Undertake regular contact/visits with travel trade customers.
· Actively seek new business covering all routes.
· Organise and lead product experience events, product presentations, and training and familiarisation trips.
· Formulate, negotiate and agree commercial agreements with key partners.
· Knowledge and previous experience of working as a B2B Sales Manager (or equivalent) within the travel industry.
· Excellent negotiation skills and extremely target driven.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to plan and manage sales activity.
· Ability to travel for the role.
· Experience within a multi-channel role would be desirable.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a covering letter stating why you are suitable for this role along with a copy of your CV FAO Kelly Carden to email@example.com .
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th November 2016