European VEHICLE Breakdown Assistance
Most breakdown assistance only covers you when driving in the UK and will not include overseas driving. When travelling abroad you will need to take out breakdown cover if you are taking your car.
- 24 hour vehicle and breakdown assistance
- Legal expenses cover
- Emergency roadside repairs
- Replacement vehicle cover
- Any loss caused as a direct or indirect result of anything you are claiming for, for example loss of earnings, unless it says differently in the policy.
- You are travelling against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or any other public transport provider.
What our cover includes:
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO TELL US
We need to know certain information as it may affect the terms of the insurance cover we can offer you. You must, to the best of your knowledge, give accurate answers to the questions we ask when you buy your travel insurance policy. It could otherwise result in your policy being invalid and mean that all or part of a claim may not be paid. If you think you may have given us any incorrect answers or if you want any help, please contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 562662 as soon as possible and we will be able to tell you if we can still offer you cover.
IMPORTANT CONDITIONS REGARDING TO HEALTH
Please consider these questions very carefully in relation to yourself and your travelling companions insured under this policy.
This insurance does not exclude claims relating to existing medical conditions provided you can agree to the following. By taking out this insurance, you declare that;
- No trip shall be booked or undertaken against the advice of a medical practitioner or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
- Nobody insured or any non-travellers upon whose health the trip depends have been given a terminal prognosis.
- Nobody insured or any non-travellers upon whose health the trip depends are on a waiting list for treatment or investigation, unless agreed by us and confirmed in writing.
- You are not aware at the time of issue of this insurance of any reason why the trip may be cancelled or curtailed.
- In the event of circumstances arising after the issue of this insurance which may give rise to a claim, we shall be notified as soon as possible.
If you are in any doubt concerning your ability to comply with this declaration, please contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 562662. Please quote VOY/DFDS/2014.
You must tell us if, at any time during the period of insurance and each time you make arrangements to travel, there is a change in circumstances which may give rise to a claim by contacting us, as shown, as soon as possible so that we may reassess your coverage relating to any trips you have booked or may wish to book in the future.
|Replacement car before travel starts||£2,000|
|Roadside assistance and towing||Unlimited|
|Contribution to emergency labour charges||£250|
Loss of use of the insured vehicle for more than 8 hours either:
a. Transports ti destination & return collect car, or
b. Additional accomodation costs (per person per night / total), or
c. Cost to hire alternative vehicle
Up to costs incurred
£45* / £450
|Alternative travel costs, including hire car||£1000|
Accommodation and travel expenses to collect your vehicle from abroad
Contribution to UK hire car while own vehicle is being repatriated
|Providing a Chauffeur to get home|
Additional accommodation costs (per person per night / total)
£45* / £450
|Cost of delivering spare parts||Unlimited|
|Advance of funds||£2,000|
* per person, per night up to a maximum in all. Please note that prices are inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax.
Pricing for Car Breakdown Insurance (0-9 years old)|||
|Pricing for Car Breakdown Plus Trailer / Caravan Insurance|||
Please note: Annual Cover - Maximum trip duration of any one trip - 31 days. Only valid for a single trip.
We will not pay for the following;
a. anything caused by the insured vehicle being used for;
i.Carrying goods or materials, or
ii.Hire or reward, or iii. motor racing, rallies, speed or other tests.
b. anything caused by you;
i.causing damage or injury on purpose,
ii.breaking the law, or
iii.Deliberately putting yourself at risk (unless you were trying to save another person's life)
iv.Not following the laws of the country or its local authorities.
Please note: Prices are fully inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax. All insurance benefits include limits. Please refer to your insurance policy for more information on cover, limits and excess for each policy. Available for permanent residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man only. This insurance is arranged by Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on behalf of Allianz Global Assistance (underwritten by AWP P&C SA and is administered in the United Kingdom by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a trading name of AWP Assistance UK Ltd), all of whom are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. DFDS Newcastle Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts. Maximum trip duration of 90 days on single-trip policies. Calls cost 13p per minute plus your telephone company's access charge. Dover-France insurance available on selected products only.
Prices are subject to availability. Telephone booking fees apply. Terms & Conditions apply.
We are Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2019 & the World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2011-2018!