Why take out travel insurance?
- Cover for Emergency Medical Expenses
- Cover if you lose your baggage
- Any loss caused as a direct or indirect result of anything you are claiming for, for example loss of earnings, unless it says differently in the policy
- You travelling against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or any other public transport provider
How to book
Our travel insurance can be added on to your Newcastle-Amsterdam or Copenhagen-Oslo booking during the online booking process. If you're traveling on our Dover-France routes you can purchase insurance via our contact center on - 0871 230 0440 (Calls will cost 13p per minute plus your telephone company's access charge).
This insurance is arranged by Voyager Insurance Services Ltd with UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Ltd, all of whom are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. DFDS Newcastle Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.
Insurance policy only available to residents of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
Maximum trip duration of 90 days on single-trip policies.
Need more information?
If you’re unclear on any of the information below, or require further assistance, why not chat to a
trained member of staff online or call us on 0871 522 9955 (Calls will cost 13p per minute plus your telephone company's access charge).
Click here to see what our cover includes:
- Cancellation or Curtailment - £5,000
- Personal Accident - £20,000
- Baggage - £1,500
- Loss of Hotel Facilities - £250 (£20 per day)
- Emergency Medical Expenses - £500,000
- Missed Departure - £600
- Legal Expenses - £20,000
Cancellation only travel insurance
Please be aware, by taking out cancellation only insurance you are opting to be covered by Section 1- ‘Cancellation or Curtailment’; As summarised below, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions and exclusions. (Cover under this section starts from the date shown on your booking invoice or the date travel is booked, whichever is the later).
You are covered up to the amount shown in the benefits schedule for your proportionate share of the unused travel and accommodation costs (including unused pre-booked excursions up to a value of £100) that have been paid or where there is a contract to pay that cannot be recovered from anywhere else if it is necessary to cancel or curtail the planned trip because of any of the following events involving you or a travelling companion that first occur during the period of insurance:-
- The accidental injury, illness or death of you, your travelling companion, your business colleague or person with whom you intended to stay.
- The accidental injury, illness or death of your relative or that of a travelling companion, business colleague or person with whom you intended to stay.
- Receipt of a summons for jury service, being subpoenaed as a court witness or being placed in compulsory quarantine.
- Unexpected requirement for emergency and unavoidable duty as a member of the armed forces, police, fire, nursing, ambulance or coastguard services resulting in cancellation of previously agreed leave.
- Redundancy, provided that you are entitled to payment under the current redundancy payments legislation and that at the time of booking your trip you had no reason to believe that you would be made redundant.
- Your presence being required to make your property safe and secure following fire, flood or burglary that causes serious damage at your home within 48 hours prior to your departure, or whilst you are away.
- Your car becoming unusable as a result of theft, fire or accident within 7 days prior of your departure. This only applies if you are planning to go on a self-drive trip in the car.
Please note you will need to call our contact center on 0871 230 0440 to add cancellation insurance
Wintersports insurance covers you for all the above Travel Insurance benefits plus our Wintersports package.
Cover details can be found under sections 15, 16 & 17 and only applies on a single trip policy if the appropriate additional winter sports premium has been paid. If you have paid the appropriate annual multi-trip premium then Wintersports are automatically covered up to a maximum of 17 days. Please read the full policy wording for further details.
Overview of extra cover
- Ski equipment - overall limit £800
- Maximum per item, pair or set owned or borrowed - £500
- Maximum per item, pair or set hired - £400
- Ski pack - £400
- Piste closure (per day) - £300 (£30)
Important: Piste closure cover is only valid between 1st December and 31st March.
Can I travel one-way?
Yes. If you are going on a one-way trip all cover will cease 48 hours after you arrive in the country of final destination.
Can non-UK residents buy the insurance?
This policy is only available if you are permanently a resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man and are registered with a medical practitioner in your home country.
Who should be informed about pre-existing medical conditions?
Please read the existing health conditions declaration and contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 562662 if you have any queries.
I’ve just been made redundant. Can I cancel my holiday?
Yes, provided that you are entitled to payment under the current redundancy payment legislation and at the time of booking your trip you had no reason to believe that you would be made redundant.
Does the age limit apply at the end of the date of departure or date of buying the insurance?
Single trip = no age limit
Annual = 64 years old at the start or renewal date of the cover
How much excess will i have to pay?
The maximum excess to be paid is £100 per policy per incident
Information you need to tell us
There is certain information that we need to know as it may affect the terms of the insurance cover we can offer you. You must, to the best of your knowledge, give accurate answers to the questions we ask when you buy your travel insurance policy. If you do not answer the questions truthfully it could result in your policy being invalid and could mean that all or part of a claim may not be paid. If you think you may have given us any incorrect answers or if you want any help, please contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 562662 as soon as possible and we will be able to tell you if we can still offer you cover.
Important conditions regarding to health
Please consider these questions very carefully in relation to yourself and your travelling companions insured under this policy.
This insurance does not exclude claims relating to existing medical conditions provided you can agree to the following. By taking out this insurance, you declare that;
1. No trip shall be booked or undertaken against the advice of a medical practitioner or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
2. Nobody insured or any non-travellers upon whose health the trip depends have been given a terminal prognosis.
3. Nobody insured or any non-travellers upon whose health the trip depends are on a waiting list for treatment or investigation, unless agreed by us and confirmed in writing.
4. You are not aware at the time of issue of this insurance of any reason why the trip may be cancelled or curtailed.
5. In the event of circumstances arising after the issue of this insurance which may give rise to a claim, we shall be notified as soon as possible.
If you are in any doubt concerning your ability to comply with this declaration, please contact
Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 562662. Please quote VOY/DFDS/2014.
You must tell us if, at any time during the period of insurance and each time you make arrangements to travel, there is a change in circumstances which may give rise to a claim by contacting us, as shown, as soon as possible so that we may reassess your coverage relating to any trips you have booked or may wish to book in the future.
|Duration of trip||
|1 to 3 Days||£5.00||£2.50|
|4 to 5 Days||£8.00||£4.00|
|6 to 10 Days||£15.00||£7.50|
|11 to 17 Days||£20.00||£10.00|
|18 to 24 Days||£24.00||£12.00|
|25 to 31 Days||£29.00||£14.50|
|32 to 38 Days||£34.00||£17.00|
|39 to 45 Days||£39.00||£19.50|
|46 to 52 Days||£44.00||£22.00|
|53 to 59 Days||£49.00||£24.50|
|60 to 66 Days||£54.00||£27.00|
|67 to 73 Days||£59.00||£29.50|
|74 to 80 Days||£64.00||£32.00|
|81 to 87 Days||£69.00||£34.50|
Please note: Family price is valid for 2 adults and any dependent children up to 17 years old. There is no limit to the number of children, however they must all be in one family.
Single Trip Winter Sports Insurance Prices
|Duration of trip||
|1 to 3 Days||£13.00||£6.50|
|4 to 5 Days||£14.00||£7.00|
|6 to 10 Days||£25.00||£12.50|
|11 to 17 Days||£30.00||£15.50|
Cancellation Only Insurance
|Duration of trip||
|1 to 3 Days||£3.00||£1.50|
|4 to 5 Days||£6.00||£3.00|
|6 to 10 Days||£8.00||£4.00|
|11 to 17 Days||£10.00||£5.00|
Please note: Prices are fully inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax. *Subject to terms and conditions.#
Prices are subject to availability. Telephone booking fees apply. Terms & Conditions apply.
We are Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2017 & the World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2011-2017!