Terms & Conditions
• The competition closes for entries at 9:00 on the 12th July 2016. The winner will be selected at random.
• Entrants must be UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 18 years or over only in possession of a valid passport.
• Only one entry is permitted per household for the duration of the competition (i.e. only one entry from the same name, postal address and/or e-mail address).
• There is no purchase required to take part in the competition. Your statutory rights are not affected.
• Employees of DFDS Group and its subsidiaries may not participate.
• Prize winners will be notified via email to the email address supplied at registration. This will provide a gift certificate or unique code or email authorising the prize and instructions on how to make your booking.
Ferry crossing and transfer:
• Mini Cruise crossing for two passengers travelling via DFDS route from Newcastle to Amsterdam.
• A standard inside cabin will be provided (subject to availability).
• Travel on selected departures, 20th September to 20th Dec 2016
Third Party Arrangements:
• This competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over except employees of any companies associated with the competition including DFDS and their families and friends and agencies and persons connected in any way with the organisation & promotion of this competition. Residents of other countries are excluded from entry. The winner will be required to provide photo ID to prove they are over 18.
• No cash alternatives will be offered in whole or in part for any prizes offered.
• DFDS reserves the right to change the prize to a prize of equal value, should circumstances require this.
• This prize is valid for travel up until 20th Dec 2016 only (inclusive)
• On confirmation of travel dates, representatives of DFDS will make a reservation for the winner and their companion at the Cafe Americian. However, this prize is subject to date restrictions, availability and restricted space. Limited availability during public holiday and festive periods.
• When dates of travel have been confirmed by the winner, then these dates, names, or the prize cannot be altered in anyway. If the winner chooses not to travel on the dates he/she confirmed, then the prize will become void.
• It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that the winner + their companion have the necessary travel insurance cover required and that their passports have the correct validity.
• All meals, travel and other expenses, apart from those stated as included in the prize, are at the expense of the winner and their companion.
Draw terms & conditions:
Bookings will only be accepted subject to these Terms and Conditions.
• These Terms & Conditions are in addition to and, should be read together with DFDS General Booking Terms & Conditions of Carriage. For more information visit dfds.co.uk/terms
• The prize is non-transferable.
• Prize is for up to 2 foot passenger only.
• Prize must be declared at the time of booking and cannot be redeemed retrospectively.
• Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any offer or discount.
• Alterations to a confirmed booking cannot be made.
• No refunds are allowed on lost or unused prize.
• The prize elements have no equivalent cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash.
• For the avoidance of doubt, the prize excludes any associated costs and expenses which may be incurred by the winner.
Prize provider and promoter
This promotion is being undertaken by DFDS (DFDS Newcastle Ltd), International Passenger Terminal, Royal Quays, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE29 6EE, United Kingdom, Registered Company No: 313486, who will provide, overnight return ferry crossing on the DFDS route from Newcastle to Ijmuiden.
Components of the prize will also be provided by:
• Cafe Americian, Amsterdam
Doubt or disagreement
In case of doubt or disagreement about the competition terms, DFDS will determine the interpretation and settle questions according to its own judgment. On this occasion or on the basis of the execution of the competition, insufficient publication, or other conditions, compensation claims cannot be exercised against DFDS, which also reserves the right to carry out changes or additions to the rules without notice. To raise a dispute on a DFDS competition email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use of the page and features of the competition website, as well as material and information contained on it, is used entirely at the user’s own risk. DFDS does not accept any responsibility for loss of data and/or changes in the user’s systems as a consequence of participating in the online competition. On the basis of the execution of the online competition, compensation claims cannot be exercised against DFDS.
Use of material
All material contained on this website is owned either by DFDS or by external licensors / licensees. The material is protected by laws regarding copyright and trademarks. The content of this page is only for private usage and not for commercial organisations. Any unauthorised use, including DFDS trademarks, will result in liability claims.
DFDS will protect any information provided in the contact forms on this site. The information will not be forwarded to any third parties other than participants in the prizes. DFDS will handle your information in full compliance of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The contact data you submit is processed with full confidentiality. The information is not forwarded to any third party, but may be used by DFDS in future marketing campaigns, which you can easily opt out from by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom. For further information please contact email@example.com.
The organisers reserve the right to publish the winner’s name and photo publicly in any format, for advertising or other purposes, on the internet or otherwise. The winner cannot claim anything in return or challenge such an action, other than relinquishing their prize. Only the organisers shall have access to such information.
We are Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2018 & the World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2011-2018!