As you sail on KING SEAWAYS Newcastle-Amsterdam route why not learn about the wildlife of the North Sea with one of our experts from whale and dolphin charity ORCA.
Perfect for families and adults interested in marine life, our wildlife experience can help you spot marine life in the North Sea.
Get involved in onboard activities and crafts in the ORCA Wildlife Centre on deck 9 and join a wildlife watching session outside on deck.
The most common sightings onboard include Harbour Porpoises, Minke Whales and White Beaked Dolphins. You can also learn about the ways these animals interact and feed and the diverse mix of life that lives beneath the water surface.
If you are a keen bird lover, there are regular sightings of Gannet, Great Skua, Fulmar, Kittiwake to excite any ornithologists.
The wildlife watching experience is free of charge and is available onboard KING SEAWAYS from April until September. Simply visit the Wildlife Centre to find out more or book on one of our special Marine Wildlife mini cruises available from April to September.
Get involved in:
- Deck watches to spot birds, whales and dolphins (weather dependant)
- Fun activities for kids including blubber gloves, writing competitions, activity books, giant snakes & ladders and more!
- Information and presentations for adults
- Latest sightings and news from our Wildlife Officers Read the Wildlife Officer's Blog detailing all the latest news and sightings from KING SEAWAYS here:
What does ORCA do?
Wildlife charity ORCA actively promotes conservation of the marine environment through education and research, providing a forum for the enjoyment of whales, dolphins, seabirds and other marine life.
Working closely with the public to raise awareness of the importance of marine conservation, DFDS is proud to be working with ORCA on board KING SEAWAYS.
ORCA aims to;
- Bring marine conservation into people’s homes
- Help passengers see their first whale or dolphin in the wild
- Share our knowledge with the world
For any further information, please contact our
North Sea Community Wildlife Officer.
Prices are subject to availability. Credit card & telephone booking fees apply. Terms & Conditions apply.
It’s always a proud moment when you’re recognised for your good work, we’re honoured to have been named again as the World and Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2016 at the World Travel Awards. We have been Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator for 5 years running now, and the World’s Leading Ferry Operator for 6 years.